Types of earrings clasps
Earrings are the jewelry that has often unusual designs, which depends on current trends. When choosing earrings for yourself or the loved ones it is worth take into account the comfort of using and the safety, what largely corresponds to the type of clasps.
- Kidney earrings - classical closure, used in most of dangle earrings. It characterizes by high durability and it is usually attached to the rear part of the earring. It does not require any additional ear nuts, as in the case of stud earrings. Hanging produced mostly in the earring clasp, characterized by a high durability. No additional ear nuts needed, as in case of stud earrings.
- Leverback - Equally popular as the classic kidney earrings. This style earring has a hook that goes through the pierced earlobe and is held in place by a hinged lever that is attached to the back of the earring. It is usually use to more expensive models of jewelry and has quite big group of fans.
- Clip-on - Used for many years, designed for people who decided not to pierce the ears. These earrings are attached to the earlobe by means of a hinged clip on the back of the earring.
- Marquise hook - clasp desired for dangle earrings. Very comfortable to wear in the summer.
- Stud - the most common fasteners. Made of thin stud that goes through the pierced earlobe and secured with ear nuts. This type of clasp has same numer of followers and opponents but generally all depends on the quality of production.
- Latch back - mainly used to produce small earrings, mostly made of gold, prized for a comfort wear. Please note that the silver material is very ductille, so during usage the deflection of the fastened may occure even several times. In this case, it will be necessary to bend the stud just a little bit to fitt it to the clasp. Deflection is not a deffect of the clasp, but a natural feature of this type of fastener.
- Chain Ear Thread - Earring is connected to the pin by a thin chain, which is inserted through the pierced earlobe. The same fastener is an additional positive effect, added to ornamental jewelry.